Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What is your growth pattern?

I'm trying to get a feel of my comparative growth progress. First time at the Vet with my new family on January 25th, being 8 weeks old, I weighed 9.2 lbs. Second Vet visit on February 1st I was 10.4 lbs. Now on February 9th at Vets I'm 11.7 lbs. Apparently I'm growing about 1.2 lbs per week. Please give me feedback. How does this compare with my litter mates and/or other puppies out there? I think I'm a little on the light height & weight size compared to most of my litter mates anyway. Vet says not to worry, it is desireable in boxer pups to see a few ribs showing.

2 comments:

  1. Karly weighs 13 pounds today (Feb. 10). We go for 12 week shots next week, Feb. 17. I will let you know what she weighs at the Vet next week. She was slightly larger than Reba, Molly and Jasper when we picked her up on Jan. 18th. I think Karly will get to experience snow here in South Alabama on Friday...80% chance of significant accumulation.

    Corky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jas & Karly,

    It looks & sounds like you are both getting big! Everyone here might get to see snow on friday too Or freezing rain(Yuck). We are hoping for snow!

    The pic of Jas with your grandson looks a bit like mason when he was littler.

    Tell your pop that the vet is right...a little smaller boxer is much better & healthier than an over-weight one. & karly is right she was bigger from the get go. Both you & Karly are big in personality! You'll keep growing.

    Keep us posted on your next adventures, we love seeing the pics. & by the way your ears are so cute!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete